Date: October 13, 2017
TERRE Liban, Baabda
Under CEI component of Baladi Cap project, TERRE Liban organized a training session on the Solid Waste Management for the CSOs members of LANE, the Lebanese Advocacy Network for Environment. The training was conducted by Dr. Mervat El Hozz.
They were 10 participants in total, 8 women and 2 men.
The participants learned about
– the Solid Waste Management Planning History in Lebanon.
– the Sources, Composition, and Properties of Solid Waste.
– The Physical, Chemical and Biological Properties of MSW.
– Sources, Types and Properties of Household Hazardous Waste.
– Collection of Solid Waste.
– Waste Handling and Separation, Storage and Processing at the Source.
– Transfer and Transport.
– Treatment of Solid Wastes.
– Case Studies from different countries Planning for the Future.
Presentation: LANE – Waste Management workshop